Nov. 7, 2006, 6:30-8:30 pm
In attendance: Lu, Rob, Mike, Terri, Anwar, Javed, Diana
1. Report on APJ presence at AG market. $360 was made on fundraising from the letter. We guess about $120 were made this season. Pottery seemed to sell well and attract people to the table. Coffee was a good sell, but we had competition with World Hunger. Voter registration forms were also a good idea. Leftover pottery from this season will be held by Lu for next year’s market. Peace Eagle canvas tote bags may be an item to sell at the market next year. Silk screening of canvas bags might be available at Sign World. We should also have a table at Auburn City Fest or Syrup Sopping next year. Bulbs.com has fluorescent bulbs that we might sell at cost to promote energy conservation.
2. Treasury report: $720 is in the balance right now with no outstanding expenditures.
3. Bank account and federal ID. Diana is looking into getting some sort of IRS number for banking purposes. This could possibly lead to a non-profit, charity and/or tax-free status for the APJ.
4. Receipts to donors. Mike will take the wording about receipts from the website. The letters sent by Lu acknowledging the amount of the donation will suffice as a receipt. APJ letterhead would be good to have for similar purposes in the future.
5. SOA Watch carpool. Mike is planning to leave around Sunday, Nov. 19, at 8:30 am. If people are interested in commuting, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Rally begins at 11 am GA time.
6. Living the Dream March. On Thurs. Nov 16 at 7 pm at St. James Baptist Church, 1335 Auburn St., the marchers will arrive. All are welcome and encouraged to attend the lectures and meet those marching their way from Selma to Montgomery. A rally for the send-off for the marchers is scheduled for 3:30 this Sunday, Nov 12 in Montgomery. A carpool from Auburn will leave around 2 pm for Montgomery. For more information, visit http://www.livingthedream2006.org/.
7. Future elections. We should do more to get the information on the ballot (especially the referendums) out to citizens before the elections. We should contact the Office of the Registrar ahead of time in order to find out what exactly is on the ballot. Perhaps the League of Women’s Voters or the OA News would have the information as well.
8. Volunteers for future moderation/agendas/minutes of APJ meetings. Mike will continue to moderate meetings, create agendas and record the minutes for APJ meetings, though may have to pass off these responsibilities during the planting and harvest seasons next year.
9. The movie “Iraq for Sale” may be shown as a group movie at the UU Fellowship. Anwar owns the movie and is willing to lend it for our use. A possible date might be Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.
10. The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, December 5, 2006.